On May 20, 2005 Maxcor Financial Group Inc. became a wholly owned subsidiary of BGC Partners LP., a leading provider of brokerage services to wholesale fixed income, interest rate, foreign exchange and derivatives markets worldwide. We employ approximately 500 persons worldwide and maintain principal offices in New York, London and Tokyo.
Our main business operations are comprised of the following:
- Inter-Dealer Brokerage. Through our various Euro Brokers subsidiaries and affiliates around the globe, we act as a domestic and international inter-dealer brokerage firm. In this business, we function primarily as an intermediary, matching up the trading needs – in a broad range of securities and other financial instruments – of large banks, dealers, investment banks and other financial institutions.
- Institutional Sales, Trading and Research. Through our SEC and NASD registered broker-dealer subsidiary, Maxcor Financial Inc., we conduct institutional sales, trading and research operations in bonds and equities. We also allocate a portion of our capital to support trading and inventory positions, often for the purpose of facilitating anticipated client needs.
- Institutional Securities Financing. Through our Maxcor Financial broker-dealer, we also operate a matched-book repurchase agreement business which enables institutional customers to finance or borrow U.S. and federal agency securities for their portfolios and to borrow such securities to make deliveries on short sales.
- Asset Management. Through the Euro Brokers Securities Lending division of our SEC registered investment adviser subsidiary, Maxcor Financial Asset Management Inc., we conduct a securities lending business. In this business, we arrange for the lending of securities held in our clients’ portfolios to securities dealers and other market participants who need them to manage their own positions in exchange for either cash collateral or non-cash collateral plus fee income.
- Financial Software and Technology Development. Through our Tradesoft Technologies, Inc. subsidiary, we design and implement trading systems and broker platforms for automating or enhancing order entry and tracking, price and information distribution, order matching, trade capture and straight through processing.
Our United States headquarters are located in downtown Manhattan at:
One Seaport Plaza
New York, NY 10038-3526